#homesteading
#permaculture
#vegan
 LIVE FREE

fruitsteading

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RawbertF  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:33:02 AM(UTC)
RawbertF

Hello everyone!

There's a great opportunity to group purchase this 660 acre agricultural lot in Collier County, southwest Florida.
The lot is located about 5 miles east from Immokalee, about 37 miles east from I-75 exit 111 at Naples. See red circle on the picture below.

This project is still in the research phase so there are a lot of details that needs to be worked out, but here's the general idea.

First of all let me specify that this isn't going to be a 'commune' or an 'intentional community', but more like a village, a micro-farm community.
The plan is to find 120-130 people who want to grow fruits and veggies using permaculture methods, each of us put down 10K, buy the land and split it up at closing in 5 acre lots (one person can buy multiple lots too, but we'll set an upper limit). Everyone is going to get their own deed/title with the lot, so you have full ownership if you decide to sell it later on. It's a great investment opportunity too! Even if you don't use it you should buy a lot and you could sell it a few year later for double, triple or more!

The county wanted to buy this land for conservation back in 2010 and they ordered a study, it's a 37 page pdf you can download here.
Offline RawbertF  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:24:49 PM(UTC)
RawbertF

Collier County ordered a report back in 2010 when they wanted to buy it for conservation purposes, you can download the 37 page pdf report here.
Offline RawbertF  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:00:21 AM(UTC)
RawbertF

This land has been sold.. :(
But there's some new ones available, I'll post about them soon! :)
Offline Dmitri  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:08:55 PM(UTC)
Dmitri

Ah, cool idea. I'm here in Loxahatchee, FL on 1 acre, but it's fairly "residential" still, but my plan is to perhaps expand some time in the future to something bigger. Although I'm broke for now. So I'll be paying attention to your ideas.

I'm wondering, about "conservation", is it a totally crazy thought that a fruit "food forest" could be a form of conservation with the county? I'm not exactly sure what they're trying to conserve, but surely a gigantic food forest would be a great home for all kinds of animals. I know I doubt that would fly. But really, why can't we have a world where this type of thing is encouraged without private ownership necessarily. Free food for all. Meanwhile, housing development is sucking up farmland. And of course 99.95% of those houses don't really grow any food at all, just grass lawn. What a waste.

Cool site too!