#homesteading
#permaculture
#vegan
 LIVE FREE

fruitsteading

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
frucme  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:46:39 AM(UTC)

We all know how lame the "man" is and how much we would love to take the power back.. Well crypto currency may be just what we need to do it. Check out WWW.weusecoins.com to learn more about the new money system you should be a part of! And reply here to talk about it..Angel
Offline CHopper  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:09:42 AM(UTC)
 CHopper

The reason I don't use bitcoin is that i can't buy anything I need with it. I am more comfortable with gold and/or silver as an grey market barter medium. Both bitcoin and gold/silver would be great as a local currency of labor/goods exchange between neighbors. Much easier than trading tomotoes for potatoes when everyone has tomotes this season...
Offline RawbertF  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:06:25 AM(UTC)
RawbertF

Definitely frucme, bitcoin is going to be huge IF the gov doesn't shut it down..
Here's a nice analysis from Stef:
Offline Peter Csere  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:22:09 PM(UTC)
 Peter Csere

Bitcoin is great to diversify your monetary/fiscal future. If all your savings are in fiat currency, it's good to throw at least a small chunk into alternatives such as gold, silver, bitcoins, and FRUIT TREES.

Gold has a 6000 year history as a currency and has never failed once. Silver has been used for not quite as long as gold, but has also never failed. Fiat currences HAVE failed, to date we have seen numerous failures and when it happens, your life savings are kaput. Gone. They can slowly melt away over 10 years or they can vanish in a matter of weeks in a hyperinflationary spiral. One can only imagine what that must feel like.

So when I tell people to check out Bitcoin or other alternatives such as precious metals and of course fruit trees, the ultimate form of financial independence, I'm not saying that it's the only currency of the future, or that one should put all of one's money into it and begin using it alone and nothing else. But already, there are more places to buy things with bitcoin than with gold or silver... and every time you use a USD note you are agreeing that it has value... good for the people who buy war machines and oil with it. USD is terrorist blood money. Bitcoin is just one of many methods to reduce your dependency on the corrupt governments of today.

There are many folks who just aren't interested in learning about bitcoin enough to trust the protocol with an investment - that's fine, but at least, if you have significant savings, put some in physical precious metals so if your country's corrupt central bank fails, you won't be caught with your pants down.
Offline RawbertF  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:09:53 AM(UTC)
RawbertF

What's going on with bitcoin Peter?
Exchanges crashing, price in freefall.. Brick wall
Offline ryanbolton  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2015 8:27:30 AM(UTC)
ryanbolton

nice post and well said rawbert i am with u xprt computers